
Isaac's soccer coach has given him the nickname "Beckham" and his best friend Rowan the nickname "Daniel-son". Coach Collin is Scottish so it takes us all a second to process anything he says but he's fun and Isaac thinks he's the coolest.
These two boys are SOOOO competitive, especially with each other. Always racing. Always striving to tell the funniest joke. Always trying to one-up each other.
Practice always proves entertaining. The coach likes to get us soccer-moms in on the action. You should just see Lis, Darice and me out there. He has us playing Mom vs. Mom scrimmages, kicking the ball as far as we can, racing (and by racing, I mean like, 100 meter dash sprints). And here I thought ISAAC was going to get a little exercise. Anyway, every time I go to kick the ball Isaac whispers, "Mom, kick it further than Darice." No pressure.



Here, Isaac's demonstrating the run of victory! He's also demonstrating a cursed, cursed gene that keeps getting passed from one unfortunate generation to the next. The curse of the tomato face. Da da da. I received the dreaded red face gene from my mother and in turn, regrettably, passed it on to my children. Sorry kiddos, but I didn't have much say in the matter.

Lexi and Scout. The faithful cheerleaders, forever on the sidelines. Oh, and Lexi's sporting one of those cute $6 sundresses from Family Dollar I was telling you about.



9 comments:
Isaac looks like he is having so much fun! I love his little red face. You can kick the ball farther then your friend right? Because that's pretty important...
Sounds like soccer practice is beneficial for everyone, a workout for the parents too :) Let me know sometime if they are having a little scrimmage or something, and I can stop by and see these great budding athletes!
So I want to know who can kick it further...you or Darice?
look everyone, Becky usually kicks further, but that's because she has a lame, light-weight ball and we have an official, yet equally lame, heavy ball. So until we switch and give it a try with each other's balls, I'm arguing that she has an unfair advantage (Becky, if you kick it farther with Row's ball, then you win hands-down and I'll let you wear Row's "anything rope").
PS-bet you can't tell where Rowan gets that competitive streak, can you?
Bring it on, Darice. Bring it on.
Soccer field-Thursday-10:30. Be there.
Oh, and don't forget to bring your "heavy" ball.
Becca-b-boosle! Howdy! Well, as late as I may be, I can now post a comment on your blog because I have set up an account. How dumb is it that it has taken me this long. Well, as you already know, I am always reading your blog and I love it! Just love it! I love you guys! I can't wait to see you in July! Kiss the kids for me-- and Andy to. :o) Tell Isaac I think he look waaay cool playing soccer.
Post a Comment