
Drew is going to laugh when he sees this post because it's always been an ongoing joke between us. He teases that I can only dwell in an area within a 15 mile radius of Family Dollar. Luckily we found one close by when we moved out here or I might have had to nix Maryland off our dental school list! Now I know that this may be a little too ghetto for most ya'll :) but seeing as our salary is, um, let's see, what was it again? Oh yeah, ZERO dollars a year, Family Dollar is looking mighty fine to me. I get a lot of my home decor stuff there for super cheap. Lamps, mirrors, picture frames, window treatments, you name it. I'm also ashamed to admit that I get some way cute clothes there as well. Mostly for my kids (adorable sun dresses!) but every now and then I find something for myself. It's one of those stores you have to check regularly and search through every rack/shelf. Some days my cart is packed full and others I leave empty handed. It's also one of the few stores that carry the laundry detergent I use, Gain 'Island Fresh', btw. Love the scent!

Speaking of, laundry is definitely my most dreaded of all household responsibilities. I think I detest it so much because it's a never ending abyss. It's a task that is never, ever completed. Even as I'm folding, I realize the clothes I'm wearing will be tossed in the laundry hamper before bedtime. I mean really, I feel like I should do laundry 'au naturale' simply to enjoy ONE DAY of a 100%, completely empty, laundry hamper. Now there's a idea! Um, maybe not.
Well, I'd better go tackle the Mt. Everest sized heap I have in my bedroom right now. Thank goodness there's a splendid line up of shows tonight to keep me distracted from the misery and torment. Earl, Scrubs, The Office, 30 Rock, and Lost. Don't you just love Thursday nights?! Anyway, if you're ready for an adventure....Happy Shopping!



1 comment:
When you move back out here...hint hint. Lets switch off, I'll do ya'lls laundry and you do my dishes. We could be like sister wifes, only with our own husbands.
Post a Comment