Monday, July 7, 2008

Wuv, Twue Wuv























I can't think of anything Drew could dread more than waking up early...on a holiday...and running to exhaustion, but that's exactly what he did on July 4th this year. Why, you ask? Because he is the bestest, sweetest husband in the whole wide world, that's why. I really wanted to run the Freedom 5K but couldn't find anyone else stupid enough to do it with me so my wonderful husband surprised me by not only registering me for the race, but also himself. I loved having him by my side but I'm not going to get used to it because I think this was his first and last race. Anyone looking for a running buddy?
















After our race we headed up the canyon to to hang out with the Kochs. The first article of business was to get a picture of all the cousins before anyone could spill down their shirt, mess up their hair or get a black eye. Check.























My brother has access to an awesome time share condo in Snowbird, so we kind of used that as home base although I think we swam about 80% of the day.
















Poor Katie. The boys just love to tease and harass her because she's so fun --but this just looks down right abusive!
















This is Andy's best obnoxious face. Pretty good, huh? Drew followed Katie all around the pool just staring at her like this. Poor Katie. I don't know why she didn't just kick him in the teeth.
















And now it's Brett's turn. I looked over and saw Brett nestled in Katie's arms for some reason. Poor Katie.
























And Cody...no comment.

7 comments:

Haskins said...

That is awesome that you both ran!! That is so impressive!! I dont think I could even run around the block! Glad you had a good fourth! For sure call me I would love to see you. Maddi Has dance on Mondays and Wednesdays so I am down in orem on those days. So let me know what would work for you!

Parkinson Family said...

It looks like you are all having a fantastic time! Hooray for spending long days in the pool! I love Lexi's tea party and precious cake by the way! You guessed baby Mackenzi's due date! We'll get you your prize when you're back in town!

Lisa said...

Congrats on your race! I should really sign up for one out here. I just don't have anyone to run with! Cody HATES running, so he's not really an option, plus then what would we do with the kiddies? Glad you're having fun in good ol Utah!

Nate and Lori said...

I'm pretty sure that you guys are not going to want to come back at the end of the summer. Your trip looks like it has been fabulous so far. I would love to be your running partner when you get back if you will have me again. Hopefully my schedule will be less busy by then.

Darice Auston said...

Don't have too much fun, we'll need you back in MD ASAP! I'll gladly run with you after Nov--don't think a big pregnant lady would make a good running mate (unless you're feeling sluggish!)

The Gibby's said...

This troubles me so.

Starley Family said...

I would LOVE to be your running mate. Unfortunately the continental United States is dividing us...perhaps if you guys end up near Utah we could make a go of it.