
During the summer months when we Johnsons get together, Andy's dad always busts out the super slip and slide and let me tell you it IS super! "Papa" has it down to an art form. He made it so it stretches across the length of the yard. He puts a couple carpet squares at the top to prevent slippage during take off, he angles the slide just right to get maximum sliding distance, and the precise sprinkler positioning keeps the entire slide evenly moistened. It's somethin' spectacular.

Even the adults get in on the action and we like to get creative. We'll set up barricades to bust through, slide on inflatable tubes, or catch footballs mid slide. I'm never as sore as I am the day after the water slide. My abs, my triceps, my quads, everything, hurts. Even sneezing is painful. Man, I'm getting old! But it's all good though because I like to be sore. It almost feels like I'm getting skinnier. Wishful thinking, I know. :)

He also has several pools filled for the little ones to jump or slide into. Lexi's been working on her diving technique.

Andy got an interesting game of wiffle ball started. Adults vs. midgets. Adults were handicapped with a bottle of root beer. We even had to bat one handed and any spills resulted in an out. It was a blast! Alas, the game came to a tragic end when Mike, running for a pop fly, stepped on the water slide leading to 3rd and was instantly horizontal. Flat on his back. We all had a good chuckle.

Looking a bit tipsy in the outfield.



4 comments:
Glad you clarified about the root beer...i was worried. It has been way too long since I have done a slip n slide. My favorite was always slip and slide kick ball where you get to slide to the bases. Perhaps you can add that to the festivities next year.
What a great time. I never did slip n slide except in mud or grass on a soccer field. (i grew up in the Seattle area) I like the idea for kick ball slip n slide.
On a previous blog you mentioned the fairy forest. I was wondering where that is located. It looks like a great camp experience for my little family.
I also wanted to tell you you have the most pleasing visually blog I have ever seen. I love the photos and descriptions.
That picture of Andy totally looks like he's holding a beer!! So funny!
You didn't have to stop the game on my account. Good news: I didn't leave a crater.
Post a Comment