
My parents were able to come visit us for a few days before they took off on a cruise. Lucky ducks. It was so good to see them! We had tons of fun. The first day we went to Gettysburg, which was an awesome experience. I borrowed a CD from my friend, that took us on a guided tour through the city from the comfort of own car. It was great and very convenient. Thanks Summer!
I won't even try to explain the feelings I had in my heart as I stood on that hill imagining the events that took place there --but they were very powerful. You'll have to go there to understand what I mean.

A look out point with an incredible view of the battlefield. There was almost a reverent silence there.
We also went to Amish Country, which I knew my mom would enjoy. It was fun to see the horse pulled carriages on the road, the elaborate quilts (cha ching), the well kept farms, the laundry hanging out to dry (although I wouldn't want MY unmentionables hanging out on the front porch!). We walked through several cute little shops and oh yeah, can't forget the bakery! Mmmm. Two thumbs up on the shoo-fly pie. Two thumbs down on the jug of root beer though. Apparently, it tastes like cough medicine.
The funny thing is we all saw several Amish dudes in the full Amish garb. The straw hat, the suspenders, the big, bushy beard, etc, but my Mom could never see them. Every time we would point one out, they would turn the corner or walk behind a door or something before she could see him. We laughed that they were like little Amish leprechauns.

We were also able to do some sight seeing in D.C. -the kids were thrilled, as you can tell. :) We mostly focused on the sights down by the Washington Monument. The Jefferson memorial, the Lincoln memorial, The WWII memorial, the Franklin D. Roosevelt memorial. Whew! That's a lot of memorials!

Jefferson Memorial -when Andy asked Isaac if he knew who the statue was, Isaac replied, "Jesus?"


My parents were lucky enough to come on the most beautiful weekend of the entire year. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and were absolutely breathtaking. And the weather was just perfect. A little overcast; not too hot, not too cold....and no rain! We must be doing SOMETHING right!

Luckily, we will get to see them one more day next week before they head back home. We love them so much!



3 comments:
I love the first picture of Issac. He looks so chill. I'm glad you had such a fun time with your parents.
Wow- you look just like your momma. It does look like you had a great time and I'm glad that I was warned on the root beer at the Amish place because I most likely would have bought some.
I love that you guys went to so many places in one visit. Way to be. Yeah I totally agree on the shoofly pie-delish. The root beer is gross. It taste's like regular beer smells. I am glad you guys were able to hang with fam.
Post a Comment