Monday, March 24, 2008
Heeello!
Wanna hear a couple amusing stories of todays happenings? Sure you do! Especially when this first one was horribly embarrassing and humbling for me. :) It all started as I was putting the kids in "quiet time" this afternoon. I locked their bedroom door (to ensure Lexi doesn't sneak out, of course) and as I was about to shut the door I realized that I should open the blinds to let some natural lighting in. So I go to the window, open the blinds and just as I turn to walk back out, I see Lex shutting the door. "No! Wait! Lexi, don't shut the..." but it was too late. She had shut the door and therefore locked us all in. Wonderful! On a normal day I have no idea what I would have done. I guess just participated in quiet time until Andy came home from school to free us. But luckily, today Andy was home studying upstairs so I patiently knock on the door. I knock again. And again. And again. I'm pounding on the door. The kids and I are yelling for him. "Andy!" "Daddy!" I'm thinking, where the heck is he? Come open this stupid, freaking door! I'm about to give up when I hear someone knocking back at us. Ha, ha, very funny Andy. Just open the door. I hear the knock again only this time I hear a voice yell, "Maintenance!" Oh man, I had called maintenance to come fix the toilet and I didn't want to miss him. What do I do? I quietly wait with my ear to the door hoping Andy will, at any moment, stop playing games or get out of the bathroom or whatever it is he's doing and either answer the front door or open the kids bedroom door for me. Nope. Nothing. I'm starting to get very angry at this point. So then I hear the front door open and the maintenance guy come inside yelling, "Maintenance! Is anybody home?!" Now here comes the good part: I was stuck. I had no alternative. Humbly, I softly knock and yell back, "Yes! We're in here! Can you come open this door? We're locked in!" I'm sure this guy thought I was crazy, which is mostly true, but he did come open the door for us, asking if we were okay. You can imagine how embarrassed I was to come walking out of that room assuring him that we were okay. I sheepishly giggled and avoided eye contact as I tried to explain. Anywho, he fixed the toilet in like 2 seconds and was out the door. Now to figure out what in tarnation happened to Andy. I marched upstairs and found him obliviously studying upstairs with headphones on....completely unaware of what had just happened. Sheesh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I love that you have a lock on the outside of Lexi’s room, what an ingenious mom! I can just picture the kids helping you call for Andy and him upstairs with head phones, good times.
I missed your blog while you were on vacation, but it looks like you guys had a blast.
I saw a picture of baby James he looks so cute I can’t wait to go see him.
I’m going to have my baby the day before Andy’s birthday, we are really excited. Although I am starting to recall childbirth...
We miss you guys
Lisa
I love your story! That is too funny. I can totally see Jared studying with headphones on too and being completely oblivious to the embarassing situation! Hooray for maintenance saving the day!
I hope you were charitable to Andy. He was being a good student. Funny story though.
Last year the lock on the outside of our apartment building was jammed and I was locked inside my building. I could not get out and had to call maintenance to let me out. I felt so dumb, but it wasn't just me that it happened to because the lock kept doing it to others too until they fixed it. Sorry that happened, glad you can laugh about it now, though it would have been frustrating.
I love it! The lock on Tucker's door is on the outside too. I mean you've gotta keep them contained somehow right? Anyway, the story is great! I've had to pound on the door a few times for Cody as well. So funny!
I thought you were going to say that you climbed down the window and scaled the wall. Maybe next time...
A lock on the outside? That's child abuse. Hey, as long as Andy was listening to my music, I totally understand.
Mike
I love that story!! I think you are such a good writter(spelling) I think You know I am not the best speller in the world!!
Post a Comment