
This is the reaction I received when I told my kids that we were having some friends over for breakfast this morning instead of going to church. I explained the whole conference bit to them, although I'm sure next week they'll be begging to stay home in their pj's all day again. Oh, don't tempt me!

I spent my Saturday afternoon baking cinnamon rolls (from scratch!) while listening to conference, true to Kocherhans tradition, in order to consume them on Sunday during the morning session. Out here it doesn't start until noon which is so weird for me.
The kids and I had fun searching for Grandpa Koch in the MoTab Choir. At one point Isaac got excited and yelled "I saw him! I saw his ear!" We actually saw you several times Dad. You are a regular superstar at our house.
Anyhoo, there were several talks that really touched me and made me reflect on my life, both as a mother and as an individual. I really enjoyed Elder Wirthlin's talk and his story about his daughter going on the blind date. Hilarious! I really liked how he suggested that we laugh more. And that we love and accept our trials. I have recently been struggling with a few challenges lately and I was starting to feel sorry for myself. Tonight I have a new perspective. I will find joy in the journey. I will be grateful for everything I have. I will be patient.



7 comments:
I loved conference too! I really felt like Elder Wirthlin's talk was ment for me! We really are so blessed! Thanks for blogging about it.
I know what you mean about Elder Wirthlin. I usually don't get much from his talks until I read them but Jayne and I both really enjoyed his.
I loved his talk too. It hit home for me- I think we can all laugh a little more in life! Conference is soooo wonderful! I am sad its over. But the cinnamon rolls from scratch sound yummy! Have any extra's? lol
I really loved his talk as well! Thanks for your post and just hearing you say homemade cinnamon rolls made my mouth water - YUMMY!!!
I loved that talk to Beck. I also loved the talk by Pres. Monson that you referred to at the end of your post- finding joy in the journey. That was something I really needed to hear right now. It crazy to me how the older I get the more I look forward to conference. I WANT to hear everything they have to say. I remember as a kid the only reason conference meant a lick to me is for those tasty cinnamon rolls!
OOh...I feel guilty. I haven't sat down to watch conference yet. I know, what am I waiting for. I could use the pick-me-up too!
I really loved the cinnamon rolls...I mean conference--do I have to pick which one I liked more?
Post a Comment