Let's see....what's new with the Jays (that's us, by the way)....
-We've started piano lessons! Isaac and Lexi both really seem to be enjoying them. Especially since Melanie, who they adore, is their teacher and they get to play with baby James when they are waiting for their lesson. So far we've managed the daily practice regimen successfully with only one or two "Don Music" moments here and there. Remember this guy?

-Both Isaac and Lexi are loving school regardless of my worries that they are in the minority. Isaac comes home singing everyday and he's also picking up fun phrases like "Oh snap!" Ugh. Sorry, pet peeve of mine.
-And more big news, the nail on my "thumbkin" (as we call it around here) is about to fall off
-Lexi came walking up the stairs in this eclectic little number the other day.

A vampire cape, a tutu, miss matched princess shoes, a Hannah Montana wireless mic and a gangsta necklace all atop her grubby pj's. Sweet.
-The other day I burned a grilled cheese sandwich and Lex said to me, "You are soooo fired, huh mom."
-Isaac managed to use the bathroom last night without clogging the toilet. WOW! There's a first.

-It appears we have 2 tree huggers in the making. As we walk to school in the morning, these 2 have taken it upon themselves to pick up all the trash along our route. We have to leave at least 15 minutes earlier to make up for all the pit stops along the way and I've even started bringing a plastic garbage bag with me as we head out the door.
-We have a friendly little raccoon getting into our garbage can every night and spreading our trash all over the backyard. Rubbish! How do they get that lid off anyway?
-We butched Isaac's hair Saturday which removed all the blond. He's bummed he no longer looks like a skunk.
-Andy has been locked upstairs all weekend studying for some test that has nothing to do with dentistry.
Is that it? Thinking, thinking... I guess it is. Good night, I'm going to bed.



2 comments:
I love that picture of Isaac and Lexi. They are so cute! And I hear you on the doing nothing when there are a million things you should be doing. That's usually my problem when my kids go down for naps. I should be productive, but I end up sitting in front of the computer checking my email and looking at blogs and random websites.
I think you can probably take some time to blog...your scrapbooks are more up to date than anyone I know, your house is always spotless, you burn tons of calories at your 43 gyms that you work at, halloween is still 2 weeks away, and i'm the ears can wait.
Me on the otherhand...I've got a pile of laundry that is as big as I am and yet I sit here and blog.
Post a Comment