Sunday, October 26, 2008

Rise and Shout!


...the cougars are out... Have I mentioned that my mother used to wake us up in the morning by belting that song at the top of her lungs? And that was nothing compared to my dad on the trumpet tooting that Reveille song. (Yes, he REALLY did.) You know the one, a distant bugle blaring over the megaphone speakers to signal the troops for morning roll call? Eh, look it up. Anyway, I know there were 8 of us father, but really, was that necessary?

So weekends have been pretty eventful around these parts lately. We usually get quite a crowd of Zoobies over to watch BYU football. Everyone brings a snack, but I think Paul wins the prize for bringing wings and ribs every week. YUM! Now I'm no vegetarian but I'm not a huge meat eater either, so I'm surprised I look forward to these so much. I guess there may be a bit of carnivore in me yet!

Each week we shoo the kids downstairs to play while the men yell and complain about the defensive failures of BYU upstairs. Only occasionally does someone get chest bumped into the piano but I won't mention any names (Uh hum, JOE!) We ladies usually chat in the other room or go shopping. It's great fun! All are welcome, so consider yourself invited!

3 comments:

Memorable Wrappers said...

As you can tell, I'm the only one that gets emotionally involved at these games. Just look at my face! Ok, maybe the wings were a little spicy... or maybe I was just trying to slurp sauce off my face. Fine, I admit it, I'm just ugly.

Nate and Lori said...

my mom sang that song too...except she didn't really know the words and it was a bit off tune.

We haven't been to a party at the Johnsons in a while and will have to hit you up soon!

Lisa Dean said...

It's good to see your priorities are still intact. Go cougs!!