Well, it is a rare appearance by Andy, and by the end of this post I'm sure you'll all be very thankful my posts are few and far between--especially Becky.
In reference to the title of my post, I just wanted to announce to the world that as of about now (midnight October 8th) my wife has entered a brave new world--her 30s. And yes, she's leaving me behind, making her my own personal cougar. Hey, I've been a cougar since 1997--and a fan thereof since 1984--so who am I to judge?
Anyway, in honor of her 30th Birthday I thought I'd list 30 (since she's turning 30, and I'm still in my 20's, in case you forgot) things I love about her. Man this is a recipe for disaster. Wish me luck.
1: She likes the smell of her own upper lip. (I caught her smelling it tonight)
2: She doesn't like the smell of my upper lip. (I'd be concerned if she did)
3: She loves to launch me off the bed using those strong (yet sleek) legs.
4: She finds other peoples physical accidents extremely hilarious (thus AFV is her favorite TV show)
5: She'll purr like a kitten if you play with her hair/scratch her back.
6: She likes the smell of her own upper lip.
7: She likes to dry out her teeth and make her upper lip stick to her gums, exposing her pearly whites.
8: She's always trying to improve herself.
9: She'll watch The Office, Scrubs and 30 Rock with me.
10: She makes me want to be a better person.
11: She wants to know what happens next in Lost as much as I do.
12: She lets me have a crush on Johnny Depp.
13: She dresses me up every Halloween, perhaps to live out her own perverse fantasies (Exhibit A--last years costume as Wolverine).
14: She spends weeks trying to plan the perfect Halloween costumes for the kids.
15: She'll go camping with me (see below. Can you believe she's 30?! I can't)

A cougar and her unsuspecting prey
16: When camping with me, she'll plan activities for all the kids, even those on "my side of the family."
17: At a massive Johnson family reunion she plans activities for all the teens and always wins the hearts of the youth. (I think the younger male cousins just think she's hot and put up with the activities to spend time with her--can't blame 'em)
18: She wrote me like 3 letters on my mission.
19: She likes the smell of her own upper lip.
20: She'll listen to my occasional ranting and raving, but doesn't let me get away with too much irrationality. Took her a couple of years to challenge me but now she does it regularly. Thanks...I guess.
21: She's patiently put up with me being in school for our entire almost eight years of marriage.
22: She broke down sobbing when I made a joke that I was thinking of quitting dental school the other day--can you blame her?
23: She LOVES to read.
24: She reads to the kiddos.
25: She love to exercise and take care of herself.
26: She freaking teaches a body combat class. Age is just a state of mind, right? Well my wife is still 18!
27: She decorates our home in a very classy way without bankrupting the bank account.
28: She's freaking HOT!
29: Hey, that's how old I am.
30: Hey, that's how old I'm not.
30b: She take age-related jokes well.



12 comments:
Happy Birthday again! Go Cougs!
Good job Andy! Happy Birthday Becky!!! You are the greatest friend. Maybe when we live by each other you can teach me how to work out like you. You are such a sweet friend. I am so grateful for you! Happy Birthday have fun hunting Mrs. Cougar.
Happy Birthday Becky!!! Sorry that I missed your party last night. I hadn't checked my e-mail since I was out of town and found out about it from Nate 10 minutes before it started. I was a mess and could list 1000 other excuses, but I feel terrible. I am so sorry. I hope that it was a good time though and that you have a good day today!
Happy Birthday Becky!
Happy Birthday Becky! You do not look 30. Hopef you have a great day!
thats a lot of upper lip remarks....
Oh my gosh, I just laughed so hard, that was a great post! Happy Birthday, Becky! I hope it was a good one!
Hope you are having a great day Becky! Happy Birthday!!!
Happy birthday Becky (even though I just saw you a minute ago :) I really think you are a great person and am so glad to have your friendship out here in Maryland. Thanks for always opening up your house and having us over! Just love you tons!!!!!
Happy birthday today!!! I am so excited that you are 30years old. I wish I could take you to lunch or something!! I cant believe you are thirty!! Time flies by I think I was 14 or 13 when we became friends WOW!!! Can you believe that!!! I hope you had such a good birhtday!! I love ya
Hope you had a wonderful day. Happy Birthday!!! I wish I could have shared the big 3-0 with you! It is just a number, but a definite excuse to celebrate!!! I miss you. Keep in touch!
Awww what a sweet husband! Hope you had a great birthday Becky. And I have to agree with Andy you are freaking HOT so who cares how old you are!
Post a Comment