I must say I was quite surprised when I realized Andy had "contributed" to my blog, whilst I slumbered, and announced my big secret to the world. But I can't believe he forgot to mention a few choice qualities of mine to his list. For instance, he just LOVES it when I bust out in my gangsta dance when a good song plays on the radio. And he thinks it's amazing when I chew a big wad of gum and blow huge bubbles the size of my head and snap it a lot. Also, he thinks it's adorable when he wakes in the middle of the night all tangled in my hair with it tickling his nose and face.
ANYWAY, back to my birthday....We started celebrating Tuesday night at Outback for dessert. My sweet friend Darice gathered a bunch of the ladies together so I could enjoy one last night out while still young and spry. Of course I forgot to get a picture of everyone -I guess that just means I was busy having a good time.
My actual birthday started with Andy making me German Pancakes for breakfast before I went to teach a couple classes, yoga and butts and guts. Then he and I went to lunch at Chipotle and shopping in Hunt Valley. We don't really get much time with just the two of us so it was really nice to just hang out. In fact, that's one of the things I love so much about Andy. We don't have to spend a lot of money or do anything spectacular to have a lot of fun. Exhibit A:

I conveniently happened to have my camera in my purse when we went out so Andy obliged to take a picture of the two of us, which is another thing he adores, I might add. I'm sure there's no need to point out the double chin action going on in this picture (offender prefers to remain anonymous) so we decided to try again. This time I would take it.

.....and I cut off his head.
Quick side note: Um, how come I'm 30 years old (secrets out!) yet I have the complexion of a 13 year old pubescent? Wrinkles OR acne. Not both! It's only fair.
So then we tried the self timer. Oops. Let's try that again...

And this is when I LOST it. We were laughing so hard I could barely control my bladder. This girl was completely oblivious to the fact that Andy and I were standing there, perfectly still, posing and smiling in the middle of the sidewalk. She passed us at JUST the right moment ...and kept on walkin'. I'm still laughing even as I type this!

So then this really friendly guy notices us setting up our camera on a box, stacked on a garbage can and offers to take the picture for us. Cool. ...if only you could see us...

Seriously, best birthday ever! So after I recovered from my side ache and uncontrollable laughter I went to another gym (I teach at 3) to teach kick boxing. Somehow a few of the members were sneaky and found out it was my birthday and brought me a few gifts including a GIANT chocolate eclaire. Holy! Anyone want to come help me devour this thing? I mean, usually I could polish her off no sweat but between the delicious cookies, the cupcakes, the M&M's, the Peach Misto from Rita's, the pumpkin cheesecake and the 17.6 ounce solid milk chocolate bar, I think I may be in need of some assistance. Thanks so much you guys! You know me all to well.
The day ended just like every perfect day should.... cramming PB M&M's in my belly, watching America's Funniest Home Videos, and "purring like a kitten" as Andy played with my hair. Ahhh.

Of course I had to take a picture of all the sweet birthday wishes I received so I can always remember this special day. This, the day I said goodbye to my youth.



4 comments:
Happy Birthday Beck!!!!! It is great to have another member of the 30 club. That was sweet of Andy to make a post. Looks like you guys are having fun.
I'm glad you had a great birthday Becky! I like the picture sequence. :) Um, I don't know what you're talking about with your skin! You are gorgeous!
Thanks for giving us a reason to stuff ourselves with dessert. Felt like my "last hurrah" before the baby, so I guess that counts for two birds with one stone/dessert.
Ha ha ha! I am here in my office, all alone, laughing out loud at the picture montage. I love it! The one with the girl walking by and all you can see in your hand wrapped around Andy's waist, leaving the cheesy smiles up to the imagination. Oh, I just can't take it...
Post a Comment